Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Going to the chapel...

So crazy to think that I am actually planning a wedding...I can't quite wrap my mind around it.

I am so happy. I had become content with being single, content with the idea that I might be alone (romantically) for a larger chunk of my life.

It's funny how life works. Amazing, but funny.

And yet, this love thing, this idea of forever is overwhelming. I know it is what I want, and it makes me incredibly happy, but I have a hard time understanding it in it's fullness.

Forever doesn't make sense.

In the hubbub and bustle of fabric shopping, and crafting, and addressing envelopes, it strikes me as odd that the focus becomes so much on one day, and less on the fact that it is the beginning of forever. We look to a mere flash of what it is we're really celebrating.

I'm not saying that I don't love this wedding planning, or that my wedding isn't going to be the best of all time. It is. And I do.

I'm just glad that it isn't all about the wedding. I don't like a lot of fuss...I'm not fancy, or elegant, or classy. The day itself will be special for what is signifies, and for the love that will surround ours.

I find more excitement in the grounding, in the stability, in the support. That after that day I will never have to search for someone to have my back, that I will always have someone there for me, that I will feel confident and connected to creating a family.

My wedding is going to rock. But marrying this man...that is the real blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment